http://ift.tt/2xtFRc9 How to Safely Address Heartburn and Indigestion
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are often used to treat heartburn, but do far more harm than good.
These home heartburn remedies can help ease this painful problem without the serious side effects associated with PPSIs:
1. Acid reflux typically results from having too little acid in your stomach. Improve the acid content by taking 1 tablespoon of raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water.
2. Eat real food, as processed foods and sugars are a surefire way to exacerbate acid reflux.
3. Avoid lectin-containing foods including wheat, beans, peanuts and members of the nightshade family (peppers, eggplants, potatoes, tomatoes).
4. Reseed your gut with beneficial bacteria from traditionally fermented foods.
5. Papaya fruit contains papain, an enzyme that helps break down both protein and carbohydrates.
6. Bromelain is found in pineapple, and also helps digest proteins.
7. One-half cup of aloe vera juice before meals may ease symptoms of acid reflux.
8. When you are in excruciating pain one-half to 1 full teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in an 8-ounce glass of water may ease the burn of acid reflux. (It is not recommended as a regular solution, but it can sure help in an emergency)
The long-term answer to heartburn and indigestion is to restore your natural gastric balance and function.
View on YouTube